At Monese we believe that access to banking and financial services is a right that everybody should enjoy. We are on a mission to ensure that anyone in the world who needs a bank account can get one. By using leading edge technology via smartphones, we offer services that are easy to access, simple to use and cheap to run for anybody. The first Monese product already serves hundreds of thousands of customers in the UK and Europe, and we are adding new services on a regular basis.
Our fast growing team is located in London, United Kingdom, Tallinn, Estonia and Lisbon, Portugal and we know that what we’re building is bigger than anything on the market today. Join us!
We are looking for a proactive and eager person to assist with our AML function. The chosen candidate will support various Anti-Money Laundering (AML) processes, which includes suspicious activity investigations and reporting, global sanctions screening, enhanced due diligence and other AML processes. As AML Investigator you will work closely with our AML Specialist, Compliance Officers and also with our in-house Customer Support team.
- Analysing alerts and investigating customers who match with SDN, PEPS and SIP lists during the account opening and payments processes.
- Serving as a subject matter expert on suspicious activity monitoring to other departments by providing advice and counsel to ensure they understand AML compliance and implications to their operations.
- Compiling facts and evidence from investigations to be reported to Senior Management and Compliance personnel.
- Reporting unusual client activities which might relate to SDN, money laundering or terrorist financing.
- Conducting alert investigation using internal and external policies and procedures, aimed at meeting regulatory requirements.
- Providing occasional informal training and guidance to less experienced AML Investigators and customer support functions.
- Identifying and recommending training aids/materials that may aid in improved compliance and efficiency.
- Assisting management with continuous improvement development on processes and systems.
Experience, traits and skills required:
- At least 1 year experience in AML/Risk investigative type of role.
- Knowledge of current AML legislation, money laundering techniques/patterns and counter-fraud preventive measures.
- Experience in AML within a bank is desirable, but not required.
- Strong attention to detail and routine tolerance.
- Fluent English skills.
- A team player willing to help the team and educate those less aware of the risk of money laundering displaying.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to the current business culture both in the Risk department and beyond.
- A proactive, can-do attitude. The ability to 'think outside the box' and help improve the business, department and processes.
- Telephony and customer contact experience is desirable but not a necessity.
- Estonian citizen or have lived in Estonia for more than 2 years is desirable.
Benefits of working at Monese:
- Ample opportunity to develop your career within Monese as you will be an important part of a fast-growing company.
- A horizontal structure where everyone has a voice and makes a direct and valued contribution to building the best product possible.
- International team of open-minded people in a nice office environment with plenty of perks, snacks and drinks.
- Opportunity to travel between our offices and meet other teams as well.
- Many fun team events, office parties and summer ‘weekend-getaway’ to spend some quality time with your colleagues.
- In- and outdoors Moneser’s sports activities.
- Additional week of vacation.
- Stock options and competitive salary.
Sounds like something for you?
Please send us your CV and cover letter.
We will start reviewing the applications and meeting the candidates immediately, so be quick to apply!