At Monese we believe that access to banking and financial services is a right that everybody should enjoy. We are on a mission to ensure that anyone in the world who needs a current account can get one. By using bleeding-edge technology via smartphones, we offer services that are easy to access, simple to use and cheap to run for anybody.
The first Monese products already serve well over a million people across the European Economic Area, and we have ambitious plans to add more products and features across many other regions.
About the role
We opened our doors 5 years ago, so obviously we have systems working and databases up and running, but this is a startup - ie we add functionality, polish stuff, expand and grow fast. We have planned the architecture of databases and optimised these, but you probably know there is a moment these kind of systems badly need a dedicated geek with experience to take over and own it.
So we are looking for someone who will make sure our mission critical systems are up and running and several aspects are taken care of:
- Global scalability
- Planning of distributed DB systems
Buzzwords: PostgreSQL, AWS, RDS, cloud, sharing, Linux
We are looking for you, if you:
- are familiar with maintaining SQL based databases
- know what are OLAP and OLTP, and you can design data models
- are capable write well performing SQL code
- have understanding about SaaS, IaaS and PaaS
- are convinced that security is in your blood
- think agility is your nick name
- feel yourself comfortable when team members ask support
- are happy to share your knowledge and experience
- know what is right thing to do and you follow it
What we consider a plus:
- Knowledge of scripting, business process modelling, machine learning and AI
- Startup experience
Benefits of working at Monese:
- Ample opportunity to develop your career within Monese as you will be an important part of a fast-growing company
- A horizontal structure where everyone has a voice and makes a direct and valued contribution to building the best product possible
- International team of open-minded people in a nice office environment with plenty of perks, snacks and drinks
- Opportunity to travel between our offices and meet other teams as well
- Many fun team events, office parties and summer ‘weekend-getaway’ to spend some quality time with your colleagues
- In- and outdoors Moneser’s sports activities
- Flexible working schedule and possibility to work in home office from time to time
- Dog friendly office in central Tallinn
- Additional week of vacation
- Share options and competitive salary
Sounds like something for you?
Please send your CV and cover letter in English.
We will start reviewing the applications and meeting the candidates immediately so be quick to apply!