Front-End Engineer, Fixed Term (8-week Assignment)
At Monese we believe that access to banking and financial services is a right that everybody should enjoy. We are on a mission to ensure that anyone in the world who needs a current account can get one. By using bleeding-edge technology via smartphones, we offer services that are easy to access, simple to use and cheap to run for anybody.
The first Monese products already serve well over a million people across the European Economic Area, and we have ambitious plans to add more products and features across many other regions.
About the role
We are looking for a front-end developer to join us for a duration of eight weeks, who possesses a passion for pushing web applications to the limits and will participate in driving our already successful global website.You will be collaborating with product designers, testers and marketers.
As a perfect candidate, you’ll have:
- 4+ years of software developer experience
- Strong front-end skills (HTML5, CSS3) and an eye for design, UX and accessibility
- Commercial React experience using Redux and Relay
- Experience building high-performance and scalable applications
- Experience with Preprocessors (Babel / es6-transpiler), Transpilers (SCSS / Stylus / SASS / LESS) and CSS methodologies (BEM)
- Experience with Node JS and Express
- Passion for writing clean, standards-compliant, scalable, reusable, testable quality code
- Strong working knowledge developing cross platform/browser compatible services
- Believer in TDD test driven development and continuous deployment
- Proven commercial experience in translation of interaction and visual designs into production quality front-end experiences
- Experience with sprint-based Agile methodology
- Knowledge of using Jira, and solid Git workflow experience
- Degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent experience
- Fluent English skills
Benefits of working at Monese:
- An opportunity for independent and self-reliant work
- Knowing your contributions matter on every level in making our product the best it can be
- International team of open-minded people in a nice office environment with plenty of perks, snacks and drinks