VP Business and Channel Development
At Monese we believe that access to banking and financial services is a right that everybody should enjoy. We are on a mission to ensure that anyone in the world who needs a bank account can get one. By using leading edge technology via smartphones, we offer services that are easy to access, simple to use and cheap to run for anybody.
The first Monese product already serves hundreds of thousands of customers in the UK and Europe, and we are adding new services on a regular basis.
Our fast growing team is located in London, UK and Tallinn, Estonia. By working with us, you will be part of a carefully selected team who are great at what they do and share the belief in our mission of making banking available to everybody. We’re not just a start-up with an idea; we have a proven business model that is growing strongly and already generates great levels of revenue.
We are looking for a VP of Business and Channel development. In this role you will be responsible for ensuring commercial growth through the growth of existing channels and the development of new ones. You should thrive on change, never be afraid to fail and have an insatiable thirst for constantly finding new ways to drive greater efficiency and growth.
- Lead commercial growth by identifying and securing new distribution partner and channel relationships and agreements
- Identify and develop new revenue sources in conjunction with product teams
- Work with existing partners to grow new customer volume
- Develop new commercial propositions that will allow Monese to have broad appeal to potential partners
- Develop channel specific marketing plans
- Put in place rigorous systems of measurement and reporting for all channels and relationships
- Work with local market development teams to leverage global partnerships with application of local knowledge
What we are looking for:
- Somebody with a can-do attitude and commercial mind-set who is experienced in working at a senior level, chasing down commercial targets and is not afraid to get their hands dirty where necessary
- Strong track record of success
- Strong experience of managing fast-paced projects that would ideally include exposure to cards and payments
- Experience in working alongside digital product teams
- Strong empathy – to be able to understand our customer, it is important to be able to understand the challenges and issues they face and how we can play a part in solving them
- Somebody who is not afraid to try things and fail in order to get at the learning
- Experience of working on a multi-national and multi-lingual product would be an advantage
- To know when those around them need help
- Professionalism coupled with a sense of humour
Benefits of working at Monese:
- Salary and share options
- Open and supportive culture
- An opportunity to have a major influence on growing an exciting business and a positive impact on millions of lives
- No boundaries to personal and professional development
- Flat structure – talk to everybody
- Work in a team experienced in growing successful entrepreneurial businesses