Market Development Lead (Portugal and Spain)
At Monese we believe that access to banking and financial services is a right that everybody should enjoy. We are on a mission to ensure that anyone in the world who needs a bank account can get one. By using leading-edge technology via smartphones, we offer services that are easy to access, simple to use and cheap to run for anybody.
The first Monese products already serve hundreds of thousands of customers in the UK and Europe, and we have ambitious plans to add more products and improve our existing features.
About the role
We are looking for a Market Development Lead to drive our commercial development in Portugal and Spain. In this role you will be responsible for ensuring customer growth in the market as well as business and partnership development. You will work in our small EU team based out of Lisbon while actively leveraging Monese’s functional and customer-facing teams. This role will involve some travel to Spain as well as to Monese locations across Europe. You should thrive on change, never be afraid to fail and have an insatiable thirst for constantly finding new ways to drive greater efficiency and growth.
- Drive and facilitate Monese's growth in Portugal and Spain identifying opportunities for increasing customer acquisition and retention.
- Generate insights and information about the Portuguese and Spanish markets and our target segments there, including running experiments and tests
- Channel back market insights and learnings to our technology teams to ensure a good product-market fit and reasonable localization of the Monese app and services
- Identify suitable market-focused co-operations and partnerships in the fields of marketing, distribution, content and services as well as functionality/ features
- Negotiate partnership contracts that support and accelerate Monese’s growth in the target market(s)
- Support and guide central functional teams in their activities in the target market(s), in particular Performance Marketing (digital), Social & Communities, PR with the objective of communicating relevant messages via adequate channels and building community engagement
- Liaise with the Localisation and Customer Services teams to deliver best-in-class delivery for the target language(s)
- When necessary interact with local partners who provide core services such as banking and deposit facilities
Whom we are looking for:
- You are a self starter, who is equally comfortable working in geographically distributed teams and independently
- Track record of delivering growth targets
- Curiosity is one of your defining traits while you draw motivation from tackling big challenges
- You bring a can-do attitude and a commercial mindset, with some experience in chasing down commercial targets while you enjoy getting your hands dirty wherever necessary
- Experience of managing fast-paced projects, ideally including exposure to cards, payments or mobile/ online banking
- Experience in working alongside digital product teams
- Strong empathy – to be able to understand our customers, it is important to grasp the challenges and issues they face and how we can play a part in solving these
- 3-5 years of professional work experience in financial services, fintech, technology, internet, telecommunications or related.
- Fluent business-level Portuguese and Spanish
- Experience of working on a multi-national and multi-lingual product is an advantage
- Professionalism coupled with a sense of humour
Benefits of working at Monese:
- Competitive salary and share options package
- Open and supportive culture
- An opportunity to have a major influence on growing an exciting business and to make a positive impact on millions of lives
- No boundaries to personal and professional development
- Flat organizational structure with fast and pragmatic decision-making
- Work in a team highly experienced in growing successful entrepreneurial businesses