At Monese we believe that access to banking and financial services is a right that everybody should enjoy. We are on a mission to ensure that anybody in the world who needs a bank account can get one. By using leading-edge technology via smartphones, we offer services that are easy to access, simple to use and cheap to run for everyone.
The first Monese products already serve hundreds of thousands of customers in the UK and Europe, and we have ambitious plans to add more products and improve our existing features.
We are a fast growing team made up of a variety of backgrounds and currently located across London, Tallinn and Lisbon.
We’re not just a start-up with an idea; we have a proven business model that is growing exponentially and generates strong revenues.
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our team. You don’t need to be specialised in both architecture and engineering, experience with just one of them is fine as this role will allow you to have exposure and further you skills in the other. You should be passionate about data technology and exploring new ideas. You will be creating and building our data infrastructure which will serve the entire business.
The chosen candidate will work closely with the rest of the Data Science team as well as a variety of stakeholders across Business Intelligence, Business Banking, Personal Banking, Marketing etc.
- Translating requirements into strategic architectures.
- Responsible for technology design decisions along with initiating high impact implementations.
- Solutions architecture in addition to designing and creating prototypes.
- Participation in technology selection and the controlling of solution development.
- Adhering to Data modelling best practices.
- Creating data models to solve specific problems or new initiatives.
- You will design and build scalable data provisioning pipelines for BI and Data Science users.
- Data Architecture Management
- Enterprise Data Modeling
- Database Design
- Reference, Master & Meta Data Management
- Data Warehousing
- Data Governance
- Experience writing high quality, maintainable SQL on large datasets.
- Expertise in data modelling
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Expertise in the design, creation and management of large datasets/data models
- Experience working on building / optimizing logical data model and data pipelines
- Experience in using various data design patterns and knows when/ not to use one
- Opportunity to develop your career within Monese as you will be an important part of a fast-growing company.
- A horizontal structure where everyone has a voice and makes a direct and valued contribution to building the best product possible.
- International team of open-minded people in a nice office environment with plenty of perks, snacks and drinks.
- Opportunity to travel between our offices and meet other teams as well.
- Many fun team events, office parties and summer ‘weekend-getaway’ to spend some quality time with your colleagues.
- In- and outdoors Moneser’s sports activities.
- Flexible working schedule and possibility to work from home from time to time.
- Stock options and competitive salary.