At Monese we believe that access to banking and financial services is a right that everybody should enjoy. We are on a mission to ensure that anyone in the world who needs a bank account can get one. By using leading edge technology via smartphones, we offer services that are easy to access, simple to use and cheap to run for anybody.
Monese serves hundreds of thousands of customers in the UK and Europe, and we are adding new services on a regular basis.
Our fast growing team is located in London, UK and Tallinn, Estonia. By working with us, you will be part of a carefully selected team who are great at what they do and share the belief in our mission of making banking available to everybody. We’re not just a start-up with an idea; we have a proven business model that is growing exponentially and generates strong revenues.
If taking on a big part of the responsibility for making Monese the most innovative banking account in the world doesn’t scare you and you want to file patents not follow trends, then read on…
About the role
We are looking for a Service Engineer to help build, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding infrastructure. We are looking for you, if you have technical background in IT and hosted cloud based services.
Your day-to-day tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring services reliability and availability
- Working with and improving continuous delivery systems
- Proactively improving services performance, security and quality
- Cooperating with software and quality engineers
- Developing security, backup, and redundancy strategies
We are looking for you, if you have:
- Proven working experience in GNU/Linux based environments
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and AWS ECS
- Experience with scripting languages like Python and Shell
- Good understanding of networking fundamentals (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Understanding of information security principles
- Ability to take charge of your time and prioritise tasks, as well as communicate effectively and recognise the value of collaboration between team members
- Some start-up experience would be beneficial, but not a deal-breaker
Benefits of working at Monese:
- Ample opportunity to develop your career within Monese as you will be an important part of a fast-growing company
- A horizontal structure where everyone has a voice and makes a direct and valued contribution to building the best product possible
- International team of open-minded people in a nice office environment with plenty of perks, snacks and drinks
- Opportunity to travel between our offices and meet other teams as well
- Many fun team events, office parties and summer ‘weekend-getaway’ to spend some quality time with your colleagues
- In- and outdoors Moneser’s sports activities
- Flexible working schedule and possibility to work from home office from time to time
- Additional week of vacation
- Share options and competitive salary
Sounds like something for you?
Then please send us your CV and cover letter. And be quick to apply, as we will start reviewing the applications and meeting the candidates immediately.