At Monese we believe that access to banking and financial services is a right that everybody should enjoy. We are on a mission to ensure that anybody in the world who needs a bank account can get one. By using leading-edge technology via smartphones, we offer services that are easy to access, simple to use and cheap to run for everyone.
The first Monese products already serve hundreds of thousands of customers in the UK and Europe, and we have ambitious plans to add more products and improve our existing features.
We are a fast growing team made up of a variety of backgrounds and currently located across London, Tallinn, Lisbon and Berlin.
We’re not just a start-up with an idea; we have a proven business model that is growing exponentially and generates strong revenues.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to help build our credit lending function. This role will be perfect for you, if you are someone who gets excited about new technology; loves to build new applications; past experience with credit scoring, and know your way around data science.
You have the ability to think outside the box to help improve and add value to the business, department and overall processes.
The chosen candidate will be working closely with our Product Lead, Analysts, and Engineers to develop new and important features at Monese.
- Evaluating clients’ data in order to assess their credit risk profile.
- Evaluating the likelihood of default.
- Testing different feature sets and feature engineering pipelines that are used for the purpose of credit scoring.
- Working closely with other team members to define tasks and key metrics.
- Producing replicable results.
- Proficient in Python and/or R.
- Experience with credit scoring, including using credit bureau data.
- Experience with standard data science libraries (e.g. pandas/dplyr, sklearn/caret).
- Experience with data and model auditing.
- Good data communication skills (including visualisation).
- Opportunity to develop your career within Monese as you will be an important part of a fast-growing company.
- A horizontal structure where everyone has a voice and makes a direct and valued contribution to building the best product possible.
- International team of open-minded people in a nice office environment with plenty of perks, snacks and drinks.
- Opportunity to travel between our offices and meet other teams as well.
- Many fun team events, office parties and summer ‘weekend-getaway’ to spend some quality time with your colleagues.
- In- and outdoors Moneser’s sports activities.
- Flexible working schedule and possibility to work from home from time to time.
- Stock options and competitive salary.