Senior Automation QA Engineer
At Monese we believe that access to banking and financial services is a right that everybody should enjoy. We are on a mission to ensure that anyone in the world who needs a bank account can get one. By using leading edge technology via smartphones, we offer services that are easy to access, simple to use and cheap to run for anybody.
Monese serves hundreds of thousands of customers in the UK and Europe, and we are adding new services on a regular basis.
Our fast growing teams are currently located in London, UK and Tallinn, Estonia, and we have now started building our next team in Lisbon, Portugal! By working with us, you will be part of a carefully selected team who are great at what they do and share the belief in our mission of making banking available to everybody. We’re not just a start-up with an idea; we have a proven business model that is growing exponentially and generates strong revenues.
If taking on a big part of the responsibility for making Monese the most innovative banking account in the world doesn’t scare you and you want to file patents not follow trends then read on…
About the role
We’re looking for a talented and self-motivated QA engineer with experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle to join us on a permanent basis in our Lisbon office. You will be responsible for the design, implementation and execution of automation test solutions and supporting test engineering practices.
So we are looking for a creative and curious person with hands-on mentality, who likes to figure out puzzles and understand the whole picture. We are very keen to take on board a QA engineer that does not shy away from responsibilities and takes great pride in delivering high quality work.
Moreover, your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Planning and managing all phases of the quality assurance process
- Responsible for the design, implementation and execution of automation test solutions supporting test engineering practices
- Develop automation test scripts using the functional test cases
- Cross browser web testing
- Localisation and regression testing
- Identify, record, document and track bugs as well as run tests for all releases
- Updating team on open project statuses and testing activity around features
We expect you to have:
- Previous working experience as automation QA
- Experience with consumer facing mobile applications
- Knowledge of automation testing frameworks as well as mobile automation testing
- Ability to write end to end automation tests (Mobile + Backend UI)
- A high level of proficiency in testing techniques such as exploratory testing
- Knowledge of AWS Device Farm automation testing preferred, but not mandatory
- Ability to take charge of your time and prioritise problems to solve
- Good communication skills and the will to be part of our team
- Experience working in a cross functional development team, collaborating with designers, product managers and developers
- Passion about building something truly meaningful in the financial sector
- Experience with Testrail or a similar test case management tool
- Experience using Charles Proxy
- Education or a proven track record in software development
Benefits of working at Monese:
- Ample opportunity to develop your career within Monese as you will be an important part of a fast-growing company
- A horizontal structure where everyone has a voice and makes a direct and valued contribution to building the best product possible
- International team of open-minded people in a nice office environment with plenty of perks, snacks and drinks
- Opportunity to travel between our offices and meet other teams as well
- Many fun team events, office parties and summer ‘weekend-getaway’ to spend some quality time with your colleagues
- In- and outdoors Moneser’s sports activities
- Flexible working schedule and possibility to work from home office from time to time
- 25 days of paid vacation
- Share options and competitive salary
Sounds like something for you?
Then please send us your CV and cover letter. And be quick to apply, as we will start reviewing the applications and meeting the candidates immediately.