Backend Java Developer Marketplace
At Monese we believe that access to banking and financial services is a right that everybody should enjoy. We are on a mission to ensure that anyone in the world who needs a bank account can get one. By using leading edge technology via smartphones, we offer services that are easy to access, simple to use and cheap to run for anybody.
The first Monese product already serves hundreds of thousands of customers in the UK and wider Europe, and we are adding new services on a regular basis.
Our fast growing team is located in London, Tallinn and Lisbon. By working with us, you will be part of a carefully selected team who are great at what they do and share the belief in our mission of making banking available to everybody. We’re not just a start-up with an idea; we have a proven business model that is growing exponentially and generates strong revenues.
About the role
We’re looking for a talented software engineer to join our new Marketplace team on a permanent basis in our Lisbon office. You are the right person for us if you are passionate about technology, dreaming about building amazing stuff, love figuring out integration puzzles, and connections between the app and backend. We are looking for someone who values a clean neat code, with exceptional attention to detail but also able to see the bigger picture and never scared to ask questions.
You are going to:
- Work closely with our product and design teams to define feature specifications
- Contribute with analysis and solutions to fulfil business requirements
- Design and develop reliable, fast, flexible and decoupled systems
- Research, plan and implement integrations with numerous banking and payments systems
- Optimise performance of complex systems
- Create structured, testable, lightweight code in Java
We are looking for you, if you:
- Have excellent Java skills
- Are experienced in Agile development practices
- Understand relational databases
- Can communicate well in English
- Highly value efficiency and understand the importance of writing clean code
- Are able to take charge of your time and prioritise problems to solve
- Can communicate effectively and recognise the value of collaboration between team members
- Are familiar and comfortable with working in the DevOps culture
- Are passionate about building something truly meaningful in the financial sector
What we consider as a plus:
- Have previous payment systems integration experience
- Exposure to the full stack, from frontend UI to the server side, business logic and database, and awareness of the leading technologies in each domain
- Advanced hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services and its core architectural components / utilities
- Database management skills like scaling, performance management, capacity planning, etc., PostgreSQL
Benefits of working at Monese:
- Ample opportunity to develop your career within Monese as you will be an important part of a fast-growing company
- A horizontal structure where everyone has a voice and makes a direct and valued contribution to building the best product possible
- International team of open-minded people in a nice office environment with plenty of perks, snacks and drinks
- Opportunity to travel between our offices and meet other teams as well
- Many fun team events, office parties and summer ‘weekend-getaway’ to spend some quality time with your colleagues
- In- and outdoors Moneser’s sports activities
- Flexible working schedule and possibility to work from home office from time to time
- Stock options and competitive salary
Sounds like something for you?
Please send your CV and cover letter in English.
We will start reviewing the applications and meeting the candidates immediately so be quick to apply!