Customer Support Team Leader
At Monese we believe that access to banking and financial services is a right that everybody should enjoy. We are on a mission to ensure that anyone in the world who needs a bank account can get one. By using leading edge technology via smartphones, we offer services that are easy to access, simple to use and cheap to run for anybody.
Monese serves millions of customers in the UK and Europe, and we are adding new services on a regular basis.
Our fast growing team is located in London (UK), Tallinn (Estonia), Berlin (Germany) and Lisbon (Portugal). By working with us, you will be part of a carefully selected team who are great at what they do and share the belief in our mission of making banking available to everybody. We’re not just a start-up with an idea; we have a proven business model that is growing exponentially and generates strong revenues.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Team Leader to help us lead our fast-growing Customer Support team.
You will be joining a team that is at the center of what we do at Monese - we are the point of contact between our product and our customers, and we live and breathe customer satisfaction.
We do this using the latest technology and through a wide range of channels (email, chat and phone), which makes it even more challenging, but fun!
You will be a key member of the team, impacting millions of customers - all of this, while leading and coaching our high performing team of customer support agents and inspiring them to be best in class for our customers.
If you believe you have what it takes for this challenge, and want to help Monese continue building a world-class support team, then you found the right opportunity!
Here are some of the tasks that you will be doing:
- Lead and mentor a team of 10-15 passionate individuals, while focusing on their development and professional growth at Monese.
- Drive continuous development and performance management of your team.
- Assure productivity and quality metrics are being met (both at individual and team level), whilst partnering with other support functions to make it happen (Training, Quality, etc..)
- Provide a stellar customer experience: use data/feedback from customers, understand their pain points and implement workflow optimisations.
- Be a product champion and a Monese ambassador - when needed, act as point of escalation for difficult cases or customer complaints.
- Support our daily operations oversight and ensuring adherence to departments OKRs/SLAs, by partnering with Customer Support Team Leaders and Managers across other offices.
- Manage scheduling, attendance and other administrative tasks.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- Have 2-4 years experience managing people on customer support/call center environment (in a financial/banking environment is a plus).
- Prior customer support experience and exceptional understanding of support tools and best practices.
- English proficiency, both written and spoken (other European languages are a plus).
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and to make quick decisions in a fast-paced environment.
- Empathy: you thrive on helping others and will go the extra mile to help a colleague or a customer.
- Be a problem solver: no task is impossible and no roadblock will stop you. You lead by example and foster a can do mentality in your team.
- Strong analytical mindset: you will leverage data to improve, build and deprecate processes, making our customer journey seamless and efficient.
Benefits of working at Monese:
- Ample opportunity to develop your career within Monese as you will be an important part of a fast-growing company.
- A horizontal structure where everyone has a voice and makes a direct and valued contribution to building the best product possible.
- International team of open-minded people in a nice office environment with plenty of perks, snacks and drinks.
- Opportunity to travel between our offices and meet other teams as well.
- Many fun team events, office parties and summer ‘weekend-getaway’ to spend some quality time with your colleagues.
- In- and outdoors Moneser’s sports activities.
- Additional week of vacation.
- Share options and competitive salary.
- Dog friendly office with many fluffy friends.
Sounds like something for you?
Then please send us your CV and cover letter. And be quick to apply, as we will start reviewing the applications and meeting the candidates immediately.