Junior IT Support Specialist
At Monese we believe that access to banking and financial services is an inalienable right that everybody should enjoy. We are on a mission to ensure that anyone in the world, regardless of their credit history, living arrangements, or just about anything else, who needs a bank account can get one. By leveraging cutting-edge technology via smartphones, we offer services that are easy to access, simple to use and cheap to run for anybody.
The Monese product already serves close to a million customers in the UK and Europe, and we are constantly improving our services portfolio to grow this number even more.
Our fast-growing team presently consists of more than 200 employees across offices in London, Tallinn, Berlin and Lisbon, with more employees and offices on the way! By working with us, you will be part of a carefully selected team who are great at what they do and share the belief in our mission of making banking available to everybody. We’re not just a start-up with an idea; we have a proven business model that is growing exponentially and generates strong revenues.
The things you need to know about Monese are:
- We use countless apps, modern cloud-based systems and SaaS
- We run a financial institution, so we need to regularly evaluate access management and control
- We are continually implementing new services to ensure we have secure management systems for all computers
- We are curious how to automate our processes with scripts such as Python and Bash
The most crucial parts of this role are:
- To keep our systems up and running, maintained, installed, reinstalled, replaced, organized, counted and safe
- To implement, maintain and develop our internal IT processes
- To establish proper asset management and access control
- To generate scripts for automation and making your life easier
- To generate alerts when system abnormalities or anomalies are detected
- To understand enterprise networking
If none of the above has left you cold and made you run the other way then please continue reading…
The good news is that our employees are tech savvy and able to resolve most problems on their own so you won’t have to deal with constant hand-holding. Most of the workload is caused by our teams growing fast, their needs changing and new ideas surfacing. We need someone that can adapt well and thrive in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment. You will have a lot of freedom and work with modern solutions on the run.
- Following words make you nod: Apple products, AV solutions, Enterprise networking, Shell scripting, Google services, AWS, Atlassian tools
- You love to figure out elegant solutions and make things work better and more smoothly
- You like to support and help people and have an abundance of patience
- Good command of English
- You have at least 1 year of relevant work experience
- You are reliable, organized and friendly
- You thrive in dynamic companies and love to work with international colleagues
- You are happy to travel to other Monese sites as and when needed
It would be an added bonus if you have:
- Travelled the world
- Worked for a startup or IT company before
- Managed Mac computers before
- Experience in a financial institution
- AWS/shell scripting background
Benefits of working at Monese:
- Fantastic opportunity to develop your career with Monese as you will be an important part of a fast-growing company
- A horizontal structure where everyone has a voice and makes a direct and valued contribution to building the best products possible
- International team of open-minded people in a nice office environment
- Opportunity to travel between our offices and meet teams in different jurisdictions
- Many fun team events, office parties and a summer weekend-getaway to spend quality time with your colleagues
- Indoor and outdoor Moneser sports activities
- Flexible working schedule and possibility to work remotely from time to time
- Share options and competitive salary
Sounds like something for you?
Then please send us your CV and cover letter. And be quick to apply, as we will be reviewing applications and meeting candidates immediately until the position is filled.