At Monese we believe that access to banking and financial services is a right that everybody should enjoy.
We are on a mission to ensure that anyone in the world who needs a current account can get one anywhere in the world. We see a borderless world where anyone who wants to pursue their dreams and ambitions, should have the financial freedom to do so.
The first Monese products already serve over a million people across the European Economic Area, and we have ambitious plans to add more products and grow across more markets.
We’re looking for a seasoned wordsmith to join our London team as a Senior Copywriter.
You’ll be a warden of words and a keeper of copy, acting as a guardian of the Monese brand.
Working from within the Marketing team, your key role will be communicating our products and features in a customer centric way, crafting benefit led copy and taking consumers on a journey towards choosing Monese.
You will be making sure we’re consistently using the right tone of voice across all customer touchpoints – from ad creative and email campaigns, web copy to app store copy, to the Monese apps themselves – contributing to the overall narrative of our brand.
- Helping establish and govern tone of voice across all written communication materials
- Working with the product teams and creative teams to craft compelling copy across a variety of mediums
- Proofing and editing key copy components from across the channel spectrum
- Mentoring, guiding and supporting members of the team in delivering quality writing that’s fully aligned with our brand
- Taking the lead on maintaining, updating and improving our brand’s editorial style guide
- Constantly brainstorming ideas for campaigns and various initiatives from across the company
- Regularly liaising with the Product Marketing, Content & Community and Growth teams to ensure the work plays into the right messaging and positioning
- Interacting with all the key stakeholders involved in the process, from developing the brief to managing the feedback and preparing for placement
- Impact – you will change the way the world works by helping deliver the financial freedom for our customers to thrive, wherever they are
- Leadership – you will work with great peers and even better leaders who are there to help you do amazing work and support you reaching your potential
- Development – we are growing fast and like promoting internally, we also have good support to help you improve technically and managerially
- Challenge – what we are doing is not easy, we need people who want to get stuck in and solve some difficult problems
- Ownership – you will be responsible for your work and your impact, but you will get guidance, help and coaching all the way
- You have 5+ years of copywriting experience (a thorough understanding of digital mediums is essential)
- You have a proven record of developing compelling, high-quality copy across a range of formats, channels and audiences
- You’re fluent in English, possess a passion for words and have the ability to extract and deliver the essence of a story (or perhaps a complex technical feature) in a concise and powerful way
- You are able to focus on copy as well as the bigger brand picture, establishing and governing brand principles including tone of voice, vocaulary, terminology and broader brand guidelines
- You have a meticulous attention to detail
- You have a solid understanding of localisation processes, and are able to guide the correct adaptation of your work across languages
- You have experience managing multiple stakeholders, often with competing priorities
- You feel comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and multi-cultural start-up environment
- Opportunity to develop your career within Monese as you will be an important part of a fast-growing company.
- A horizontal structure where everyone has a voice and makes a direct and valued contribution to building the best product possible.
- International team of open-minded people in a nice office environment with plenty of perks, snacks and drinks.
- Opportunity to travel between our offices and meet other teams as well.
- Many fun team events, office parties and summer ‘weekend-getaway’ to spend some quality time with your colleagues.
- In- and outdoors Moneser’s sports activities.
- Flexible working schedule and possibility to work from home from time to time.
- Stock options and competitive salary.