Head of Legal
At Monese we believe that access to banking and financial services is a right that everybody should enjoy. We are on a mission to ensure that anyone in the world who needs a bank account can get one. By using leading-edge technology via smartphones, we offer services that are easy to access, simple to use and cheap to run for anybody.
The first Monese products already serve hundreds of thousands of customers in the UK and Europe, and we have ambitious plans to add more products and improve our existing features.
About the role
We are looking for a dedicated Head of Legal, who will give the company the necessary legal guidance to carry out our business and enable us to grow in a safe and secure manner by monitoring all applicable legal aspects. In this role you will be responsible for all legal affairs of the company and providing legal counsel to the Leadership Team.
Your tasks will include, but are not limited to:
- Thorough review and in some instances writing of contracts with our commercial partners
- Manage the fast and effective agreement of commercial terms with external parties following guidance from the CEO and relevant members of the leadership team
- Lead the negotiations of the legal agreements with our commercial partners
- Document management of our legal agreements and ensure that the agreements with partners are renewed and terminated on a timely manner
- Guide and advise executives and teams with legal matters when needed
- Stay up to date and informed of the latest rules and regulations which will affect our business and ensuring the leadership team is given the necessary guidance on this front
- Ensure all contracts, policies and procedures adhere to the latest regulations and laws
- Assist in ensuring the company and its employees are aware of the laws and regulations that affect them in the workplace that is FCA regulated
- Ensure the business is aware of areas of risk in business operations and related decisions
- Proven experience in a similar role, preferably in the finance industry
- A good understanding of working in a start-up and the needs of the fast-paced ever changing environment
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
- Familiar with banking and financial services products and environment
- Excellent working knowledge of relevant UK specific as well as wider European regulations
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- BSc degree in Law
Benefits of working at Monese:
- Stock options and competitive salary
- Ample opportunity for personal growth within Monese as you will be an important part of a fast- growing company
- A horizontal structure where everyone has a voice and makes a direct and valued contribution to building the best product possible
- International team of open-minded and talented people
- Opportunity to travel between our offices and meet other teams as well
- Flexible working schedule and possibility to work remotely from time to time
Sounds like something for you?
Then please send us your CV and cover letter. And be quick to apply, as we will start reviewing the applications and meeting the candidates immediately.
All candidates must be eligible to work in UK.