Market Development Manager (Germany and Austria)
At Monese we believe that access to banking and financial services is a right that everybody should enjoy. We are on a mission to ensure that anyone in the world who needs a bank account can get one. By using leading-edge technology via smartphones, we offer services that are easy to access, simple to use and cheap to run for anybody.
The first Monese products already serve hundreds of thousands of customers in the UK and wider Europe, and we have ambitious plans to add more products and improve our existing features.
About the role
We are looking for a Market Development Manager to drive our commercial development in Germany (primary focus) and Austria. In this role you will be responsible for ensuring customer growth in the market as well as business and partnership development. You will work in our small EU team based out of Berlin while actively leveraging Monese’s functional and customer-facing teams. This role will involve some travel within Germany as well as to Monese locations across Europe. You should thrive on change, never be afraid to fail and have an insatiable thirst for constantly finding new ways to drive greater efficiency and growth.
- Drive and facilitate Monese's growth in Germany and Austria, identifying opportunities for increasing customer acquisition, activation and retention
- Reaching target segments in-country, creating awareness and boosting conversion are key objectives
- Customer acquisition and activation will be your primary performance goals
- Generate insights about the markets and our target of internationally mobile people there, including running experiments and tests
- Work with our Product and Technology teams to ensure a thorough understanding of growth-driving projects and getting these prioritized. Also ensure a good product-market fit and reasonable localization of the Monese app and services
- Identify co-operations and partnerships that will accelerate market growth in the fields of marketing, distribution, content as well as functionality/ features/ services. Drive partner negotiations and ensure follow-up on the path to implementation
- Guide and support central functional teams in the target markets, in particular Performance Marketing (digital), Social & Communities, PR with the objective of communicating relevant messages via adequate channels and building community engagement
- Actively involve yourself in the definition, preparation and execution of marketing measures, promotion opportunities and communication activities - primarily digital but also on the ground, using a data-driven approach and managing budgets effectively.
- Liaise with the Customer Service and Localisation teams to facilitate best-in-class delivery for the target markets
- Whenever necessary interact with local partners who provide core services such as banking, deposit facilities and other functionalities
- Monitor and connect to the local fintech scene where necessary; understand technological trends and regulatory developments
Whom we are looking for:
- 3-5 years of professional work experience in financial services, fintech, technology, internet, telecommunications or related, ideally in German market
- Experience of managing fast-paced projects, ideally including exposure to cards, payments or mobile/ online banking
- Fluent or native business-level German and English language skills
- Track record of delivering ambitious growth targets
- You are a self-starter, who is comfortable working independently, in geographically distributed teams
- Curiosity is one of your defining traits while you draw motivation from tackling big challenges
- You bring a can-do attitude and a commercial mindset, being able to discern facts beyond story-telling and make-believe
- Professionalism coupled with a sense of humour
- You are familiar and comfortable with working alongside product development and technology teams
- Ability to do a lot with limited resources. Creativity in testing/ piloting activities, reiterating and scaling / stopping
- Intrinsic motivation to set people’s financial lives free so they can thrive everywhere
- Hands-on online marketing experience across different acquisition channels is a plus
- Experience of working with a multi-national and multi-lingual product is an advantage
Benefits of working at Monese:
- Competitive salary and share options package
- Open and supportive culture combined with a horizontal structure where everyone has a voice and makes a direct and valued contribution to building the best product possible
- An opportunity to have a major influence on growing an exciting business and to make a positive impact on millions of lives
- No boundaries to personal and professional development
- Flat organizational structure with fast and pragmatic decision-making
- Work in a team highly experienced in growing successful entrepreneurial businesses
Sounds like something for you?
Please send us your CV and cover letter in English.
We will start reviewing the applications and meeting the candidates immediately, so be quick to apply!