About MoneseAt Monese we believe that access to banking and financial services is a right that everybody should enjoy. We are on a mission to ensure that anyone in the world who needs a bank account can get one. By using leading edge technology via smartphones, we offer services that are easy to access, simple to use and cheap to run for anybody. Our fast growing team is located in London (United Kingdom), Tallinn (Estonia), Lisbon (Portugal) and Berlin (Germany), and we know that what we’re building is bigger than anything on the market today. Join us!
About the role
We are looking for a proactive and eager person to assist with our AML function. The chosen candidate will support various Anti-Money Laundering (AML) processes, which might include suspicious activity investigations and reporting, global sanctions screening, enhanced due diligence or other AML processes.
- Ensuring Suspicious Activity Reports, Sanctions Screening, KYC and PEP's are fully investigated in line with regulatory requirements.
- Investigating and identifying fraudulent activity, compiling full reports and ensuring all confirmed findings are reported to the MLRO.
- Serving as a subject matter expert on suspicious activity monitoring to other departments by providing advice and counsel to ensure they understand AML compliance and implications to their operations.
- Working closely with management to ensure critical functions are fulfilled timely and accurately.
- Detecting potential suspicious activity when complex manual processes are needed.
- Supporting the MLRO with internal control audits on customer support and other functions within the business, basing the results in line with company policies and regulations.
- Providing occasional informal training and guidance to less experienced AML Investigators and customer support.
- Identifying and recommending training aids/materials that may aid in improved compliance and efficiency.
Experience, traits and skills required:
- At least 1 years experience in an AML/Risk investigative type role.
- Experience in AML within a bank is preferable, but not required.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of current AML legislation, money laundering techniques/patterns and counter-fraud preventive measures is a must.
- A team player willing to help the team and educate those less aware of the risk of money laundering displaying a supportive and understanding attitude.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to the current business culture both in the Risk department and beyond.
- A proactive, can-do attitude. The ability to think outside the box and help improve the business, department and processes.
Benefits of working at Monese:
- Impact – you will change the way the world works by helping everyone get clear, simple and cheap banking that works anywhere.
- Leadership – you will work with great peers and even better leaders who are there to help you do amazing work and support you reaching your potential.
- Development – we are growing fast and like promoting internally, you will also have good support and opportunities to help you grow technically.
- Challenge – what we are doing is not easy, we need people who want to get stuck in and solve some difficult problems.
- Ownership – you will be responsible for your work and your impact, but you will get guidance, help and coaching all the way.
- Reward - good pay and great equity.
Sounds like something for you?
Please send us your CV and cover letter in English.We will start reviewing the applications and meeting the candidates immediately, so be quick to apply!
PS! The successful applicant will be subject to a full DBS check.
Salary range: 23,000-25,000 GBP.