Market Development Lead Romania
At Monese we believe that access to banking and financial services is a right that everybody should enjoy. We are on a mission to ensure that anyone in the world who needs a bank account can get one. By using leading-edge technology via smartphones, we offer services that are easy to access, simple to use and cheap to run for anybody.
The first Monese products already serve hundreds of thousands of customers in the UK and wider Europe, and we have ambitious plans to add more products and improve our existing features.
We are looking for a Market Development Lead to drive our commercial development in Romania. In this role you will be responsible for ensuring customer growth in the market as well as business and partnership development. You would be a part of our small EU team, lead out of Berlin, while actively leveraging Monese’s functional and customer-facing teams. Preferably this role will be based in Romania and will involve travels to other Monese locations across Europe.
You should thrive on change, never be afraid to fail and have an insatiable thirst for constantly finding new ways to drive greater efficiency and growth.
- Drive and facilitate Monese's growth in Romania, identifying opportunities for increasing customer acquisition, activation and retention
- Reaching target segments in-country, creating awareness and boosting conversion are key objectives
- Customer acquisition and activation will be your primary performance goals
- Generate insights about the market and our target of internationally mobile people there, including running experiments and tests
- Work with our Product and Technology teams to ensure a thorough understanding of growth-driving projects and getting these prioritized. Also ensure a good product-market fit and reasonable localization of the Monese app and services
- Identify cooperations and partnerships that will accelerate market growth in the fields of marketing, distribution, content as well as functionality/ features/ services. Drive partner negotiations, ensure and manage relevant partner relationships
- Guide and support central functional teams in target market, in particular Performance Marketing (digital), Social & Communities, PR with the objective of communicating relevant messages via adequate channels and building community engagement
- Actively involve yourself in the definition, preparation and execution of marketing measures, promotion opportunities and communication activities - primarily digital but also on the ground, using a data-driven approach and managing budgets effectively.
- Liaise with the Customer Services and Localisation teams to facilitate best-in-class delivery for the target market
- Whenever necessary interact with local partners who provide core services such as banking, withdrawal and deposit facilities and other functionalities
- Monitor and connect to the local fintech scene relevant to target market; understand technological trends and regulatory developments
Benefits of working at Monese:
- Competitive salary and share options package
- Open and supportive culture that transcends borders
- An opportunity to have a major influence on growing an exciting business and to make a positive impact on millions of lives
- No boundaries to personal and professional development
- Flat organizational structure with fast and pragmatic decision-making
- The fun of working in a team of highly diverse, inspiring and entrepreneurial individuals