Mobile QA Engineer
At Monese we believe that access to banking and financial services is a right that everybody should enjoy. We are on a mission to ensure that anyone in the world who needs a current account can get one. By using bleeding-edge technology via smartphones, we offer services that are easy to access, simple to use and cheap to run for anybody.
The first Monese products already serve well over a million people across the European Economic Area, and we have ambitious plans to add more products and features across many other regions.
About the role
We’re looking for a talented and self-motivated Mobile QA engineer with experience in all phases of the software development lifecycle to join us on a permanent basis at our London entity. You will be responsible for the design, implementation and execution of manual and automated test solutions and supporting test engineering practices. You will also play a key role in being the ambassador of quality for your team.
We are looking for a creative and curious person with a hands-on mentality, who enjoys solving puzzles whilst also keeping an eye on the whole picture. We are very keen to take on board a passionate QA engineer that does not shy away from responsibilities and takes great pride in delivering high quality work. At Monese the QA chapter is full of passionate testers that believe in sharing So if you are up for the challenge and would love to work in a rewarding environment that will push you whilst also allowing you to improve the lives of millions then Monese is the place to be.
Moreover, your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Working in a cross functional development team, collaborating with designers, product managers and developers
- Planning and managing all phases of the quality assurance process
- Development and maintenance of testing knowledge base
- Designing test scenarios for test automation tool
- Testing client-server applications on iOS and Android
- Testing new features and product releases
- Creating documentation for the chapter and organisation
- Identify, analyse, document and track defects
- Updating team on open project statuses and testing activity around features
We expect you to have:
- Previous working experience in software testing
- Experience with consumer facing mobile applications
- Education or a proven track record in software development
- Demonstrable testing experience with native iOS and Android applications
- A high level of proficiency in exploratory testing
- Ability to take charge of your time and prioritise problems to solve
- Good communication skills and the will to be part of our team
- Critical thinking and passion for testing and quality
- Experience conducting regression testing
We consider a plus if you have:
- Up to date understanding of the latest developments in mobile application testing
- Experience working in a cross functional development team
- Experience with TestRail or a similar test case management tool
- Experience with traffic monitoring/interception tools, such as Charles, Fiddler, Burpsuite etc.
- Experience with writing basic SQL scripts to retrieve and update values in databases
- Experience conducting analytics and localisation testing
- Experience working with and testing API’s
Benefits of working at Monese:
- Ample opportunity to develop your career within Monese as you will be an important part of a fast-growing company
- A horizontal structure where everyone has a voice and makes a direct and valued contribution to building the best product possible
- International team of open-minded people in a nice office environment with plenty of perks, snacks and drinks
- Opportunity to travel between our offices and meet other teams as well
- Many fun team events, office parties and summer ‘weekend-getaway’ to spend some quality time with your colleagues
- In- and outdoors Moneser’s sports activities
- Flexible working schedule and possibility to work from home office from time to time
- Share options and competitive salary
Sounds like something for you?
Then please send us your CV and cover letter. And be quick to apply, as we will start reviewing the applications and meeting the candidates immediately.
All candidates must be eligible to work in UK.