Risk and Compliance Manager
At Monese we believe that access to banking and financial services is a right that everybody should enjoy.
We are on a mission to ensure that anyone in the world who needs a current account can get one. By using bleeding-edge technology via smartphones, we offer services that are easy to access, simple to use and cheap to run for anybody.
The first Monese products already serve well over a million people across the European Economic Area, and we have ambitious plans to add more products and features across many other regions.
Monese has offices in London, Tallinn, Lisbon and Berlin.
We need a pragmatic risk and compliance specialist to join our Risk and Compliance team and support the implementation of core elements of our governance, risk and compliance framework.
As a challenger bank, we need to understand and manage risk to protect our customers, maintain the trust of our business stakeholders and enable legal and regulatory compliance.
The key challenge of this role is achieving the right balance between this requirement and our agile approach to growing the products and services that we provide to enable our customers to achieve financial freedom.
Reporting to the Head of Risk and Compliance you will spend the majority of your time supporting and improving operational risk management capability across Products and the first line.
You will need to be happy with occasional travel to other Monese offices e.g. Tallinn and Lisbon.
Risk and Compliance
- Increasing the awareness and understanding across the product teams of the nature and consequences of risk associated with the product lifecycle e.g. from the outset of an idea to retirement.
- Providing advice and guidance to Product Leads and their teams to enable them to identify, understand and own the management of risk that might impact the success of a product.
- Supporting Product Leads with undertaking risk assessments as required.
- Maintaining a presence at product meetings to provide advice and guidance e.g. Scrum of Scrums, Kick Off Meetings, Ship and Build, etc. to enable legal and regulatory compliance.
- Providing support to the Head of Risk and Compliance as required to enable the effective functioning of the Risk Group, Risk and Audit Committee and the delivery of the GRC Roadmap.
- Undertaking any other tasks as requested by the Head of Risk and Compliance or in connection with the job description and commensurate with the position.
- Increasing the awareness and understanding across the product teams of the General Data Protection Regulations and the requirements to enable legal compliance.
- Advising the product teams on general GDPR matters.
- Supporting Product Leads with undertaking Data Protection Impact Assessments.
- Providing support for the investigation of suspected or actual data breaches.
- Maintaining oversight of data sharing processes to ensure suitable records of decisions, appropriate contracts etc. are being captured and retained for the required period of time.
- Increasing the awareness and understanding across the product teams of the nature and consequences of financial crime risk.
- Supporting the product teams to identify, own and manage risks related to financial crime e.g. fraud, anti money laundering, etc.
- Supporting the Product Leads to conduct Anti-Money Laundering Risk Assessments as required for review and approval by the MLRO.
- 3-5 years experience in general risk management and compliance working environment with additional core competency in financial crime and/or data protection (or evidence of the ability to gain such competency quickly with expert direction and guidance).
- A good working knowledge of the key business functions within Monese and an understanding of the typical risks and controls in these areas.
- Practical experience of facilitating risk workshops and the different tools and techniques to undertake a deep dive and undertake risk assessments, etc.
- A working knowledge of the regulatory risk environment within financial services and its applicability to an Electronic Money Institution.
- A working knowledge of regulatory requirements and the controls environment required to enable regulatory compliance as an EMI and across Credit and Insurance Broking.
- Stock options and competitive salary
- 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays)
- Flexible working schedule and possibility to work from home from time to time
- Learning and Development Budget
- Dog friendly office
- Discount massage and yoga in the office
- International team of open-minded people in a nice office environment with plenty of perks, snacks and drinks.
- Opportunity to develop your career within Monese as you will be an important part of a fast-growing company.
- A horizontal structure where everyone has a voice and makes a direct and valued contribution to building the best product possible.
- Many fun team events and office socials
- In and outdoors Moneser’s sport activities