At Monese we believe that access to banking and financial services is a right that everybody should enjoy. We are on a mission to ensure that anyone in the world who needs a bank account can get one. By using leading-edge technology via smartphones, we offer services that are easy to access, simple to use and cheap to run for anybody.
The first Monese products already serve hundreds of thousands of customers in the UK and Europe, and we have ambitious plans to add more products and improve our existing features.
About the role
We are looking for a Product Manager, who will lead a cross-functional team to deliver world-class experiences for our customers. You will own a specific product that will delight our customers, add revenue for Monese and be very hard to copy. You will be responsible and accountable for the complete product lifecycle and the success of the product.
- Generate a deep understanding of Monese strategy, our target customers, your product and the wider industry to create a clear, compelling and differentiated product vision and strategy, and evangelise this inside and outside Monese.
- Translate Monese’s strategy and OKRs into team OKRs and build a prioritised backlog of work which will deliver the key results.
- Gather insights and feedback from stakeholders, customer research and user data to refine and improve existing features and generate ideas for new features.
- Test existing and new features through experimentation, and ensure what we ship adds value and is safe for our customers and Monese.
- Regularly update, prioritise and own the product backlog.
- Support the team by ensuring that work is ready for development while balancing the need for exploration and expression.
- Revel in Agile product delivery, the process of rapid prototyping, design and shipping product ‘little and often’.
- Be ready to take on commercials, negotiations and strategic projects so that we meet our ambitious customer, geographic and product goals.
- Identify issues and opportunities, and acting as a bridge between different teams.
We are looking for you if:
- You have a track record of making good decisions that pay-off, even when others have disagreed with you.
- You are reliable, you deliver on what you said you would deliver.
- You are a leader, you help others succeed through guidance, coaching, mentoring and empathy - not by telling people what to do.
- A minimum of 5 years experience of Product Management, overseeing a dedicated team and managing backlog prioritisation, roadmap, and delivery of user-facing functionality.
- You will need product experience in one of the following areas: payments, business banking, cards and payment methods, credit, savings, investments or marketplaces.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Passion for problem-solving through user-centric design, applying expertise, data, research and judgement to make sure you’re focused on making the biggest impact to our entrepreneurs and investors.
- Curious and capable of deriving meaningful insight from research and data.
- Technical degree or equivalent experience.
- Fluent English skills.
- Some start-up experience would be a plus.
What we can promise:
- Ample opportunity to develop your career within Monese as you will be an important part of a fast-growing company
- A horizontal structure where everyone has a voice and makes a direct and valued contribution to building the best product possible
- International team of open-minded people in a nice office environment with plenty of perks, snacks and drinks
- Opportunity to travel between our offices and meet other teams as well
- Many fun team events, office parties and summer ‘weekend-getaway’ to spend some quality time with your colleagues
- In- and outdoors Moneser’s sports activities
- Flexible working schedule and possibility to work in home office from time to time
- Additional week of vacation
- Share options and competitive salary
Sounds like something for you?
Then please send us your CV and cover letter. And be quick to apply, as we will start reviewing the applications and meeting the candidates immediately.