Global Finance Assistant
At Monese we believe that access to banking and financial services is a right that everybody should enjoy. We are on a mission to ensure that anybody in the world who needs a bank account can get one. By using leading-edge technology via smartphones, we offer services that are easy to access, simple to use and cheap to run for everyone.
Our product already serves hundreds of thousands of customers in the UK and Europe, we have ambitious plans to create more products as well as improving our existing features.
We are a fast-growing team is located across London, UK, Tallinn, Estonia, Lisbon, Portugal and Berlin, Germany.
By working with us, you will be part of a carefully selected team who are great at what they do and share the belief in our mission of making banking available to everybody!
We are looking for a Global Finance Assistant to support our accounts payable, management accounting, payroll, tax and statutory reporting functions primarily relating to our London and Berlin offices, but with exposure to our Tallinn and Lisbon operations too.
Ultimately, you will help facilitate company transactions and assist in maintaining the financial health and reporting integrity of the business, ensuring the provision of the best quality and most current information possible from which the management team make business decisions.
You will be a quick learner and able to work independently as well as in a team.
- Monitoring and managing the accounts payable inboxes for electronic invoices and supplier communications. Receive mailed physical invoices.
- Coding and entering accounts payable invoices to our accounting system.
- Preparing payments (both planned, periodic payment runs to suppliers and staff plus other ad-hoc and one-off payments).
- Liaising internally with those responsible for raising purchase orders and with departmental budget-holders regarding discrepancies, status of receipt and invoice approvals.
- Reviewing trade creditors balances on a regular basis and communicating with suppliers autonomously, and as requested.
- Requesting and reconciling supplier statements to AP ledger balances on a monthly/yearly basis.
- Collecting and vouching invoices and receipts and preparing and processing expense claims and debit card reports.
- Liaising with employees and line-managers regarding expenses claim and review processes respectively.
- Supporting the finance team by assistance in monthly management and yearly statutory reporting, payroll processes and associated tax and local VAT reporting, ad hoc reporting and audit and due diligence procedures.
- Assisting in the finance software data migration to NetSuite.
- Good Excel skills.
- Great knowledge of UK accounting, payroll and VAT.
- Comfortable making connections and communicating across all parts of the business and with external suppliers, 3rd party advisors and auditors.
Nice to have:
- AAT qualified / experience
- Have worked in multinational company before.
- Familiar with monthly payroll processes.
- Experience with NetSuite.
- Opportunity to develop your career within Monese as you will be an important part of a fast-growing company.
- A horizontal structure where everyone has a voice and makes a direct and valued contribution to building the best product possible.
- International team of open-minded people in a nice office environment with plenty of perks, snacks and drinks.
- Opportunity to travel between our offices and meet other teams as well.
- Many fun team events, office parties and summer ‘weekend-getaway’ to spend some quality time with your colleagues.
- In- and outdoors Moneser’s sports activities.
- Flexible working schedule and possibility to work from home from time to time.
- Stock options and competitive salary.