UI / Front-End Engineer
At Monese we believe that access to banking and financial services is a right that everybody should enjoy. We are on a mission to ensure that anyone in the world who needs a current account can get one. By using bleeding-edge technology via smartphones, we offer services that are easy to access, simple to use and cheap to run for anybody.
The first Monese products already serve well over a million people across the European Economic Area, and we have ambitious plans to add more products and features across many other regions.
About the role
We are looking for a front-end middle level developer who possesses a passion for pushing web applications to the limits and will participate in driving our already successful global website. You will be a member of a wider team of product designers, testers and marketers.
If taking on a big part of the responsibility for making Monese the most innovative banking account in the world doesn’t scare you, read on…
We are looking for you, if you have:
- Strong front-end skills (HTML5, CSS3) and an eye for design, UX and accessibility
- A passion for aesthetics and smooth UIs
- Commercial Vue.js experience using Nuxt.js
- Experience building high-performance and scalable applications
- Experience with Preprocessors (Babel / es6-transpiler), Transpilers (SCSS / Stylus / SASS / LESS) and CSS methodologies (BEM)
- Passion for writing clean, standards-compliant, scalable, reusable, testable quality code
- Strong working knowledge developing cross platform/browser compatible services
- Believer in TDD test driven development and continuous deployment
- Proven commercial experience in translation of interaction and visual designs into production quality front-end experiences
- Experience with sprint-based Agile methodology
- Knowledge of using Jira, and solid Git workflow experience
- Degree in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent experience
- Fluent English skills
More about you...
- Fun loving personality is crucial!
- Highly value efficiency and understand the importance of writing clean code
- Ability to take charge of your time and prioritise tasks, as well as communicate effectively and recognise the value of collaboration between team members
- Passion about building something truly meaningful
- Entrepreneurial mindset, able to generate ideas and new opportunities for growth
- Some start-up experience could be useful as well
Benefits of working at Monese:
- Ample opportunity to develop your career within Monese as you will be an important part of a fast-growing company
- A horizontal structure where everyone has a voice and makes a direct and valued contribution to building the best product possible
- International team of open-minded people in a nice office environment with plenty of perks, snacks and drinks
- Opportunity to travel between our offices and meet other teams as well
- Many fun team events, office parties and summer ‘weekend-getaway’ to spend some quality time with your colleagues
- In- and outdoors Moneser’s sports activities
- Flexible working schedule and possibility to work remotely
- Stock options and competitive salary
Sounds like something for you?
Then please send us your CV and cover letter. And be quick to apply, as we will start reviewing the applications and meeting the candidates immediately.
All candidates must be eligible to work in UK.