At Monese we believe that access to banking and financial services is a right that everybody should enjoy. We are on a mission to ensure that anyone in the world who needs a bank account can get one. By using leading-edge technology via smartphones, we offer services that are easy to access, simple to use and cheap to run for anybody.
The first Monese products already serve hundreds of thousands of customers in the UK and wider Europe, and we have ambitious plans to add more products and improve our existing features.
About the role
We are looking for the first Release Manager to join our vibrant team who will take ownership of deployment across the company and be the vital link between our product teams and the wider business. You will support a cross-functional team in building the best products and experiences for our customers.
- Release management for the complete release cycle - mobile applications and back-end services
- Establishing what features will go into a particular release
- Creating, maintaining and distributing road-map plans for forthcoming releases
- Communicating with internal teams to inform them about forthcoming releases
- Being a point of contact for issues arising with a particular release
- Preparing the documentation to accompany a release
- Providing regular status reports on a release and ad-hoc reports for the leadership team
- Suggesting and implementing improvements to our overall release processes
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- At least 2 years of commercial experience in the role of Release Manager
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Strong knowledge and experience with AWS, Atlassian stack, git branching
- Knowledge of Apple Appstore and Google Play Store release processes
- Continuous integration knowledge, experience with Jenkins
- Proven communication and presentation skills; ability to effectively convey information verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Experience working with software development teams, development or production environments and utilising Agile delivery practices. An understanding of integration and testing activities also beneficial
- Strong leadership and analytical skills
- Self-starter, ready to hit the ground running
Benefits of working at Monese:
- Ample opportunity to develop your career within Monese as you will be an important part of a fast-growing company
- A horizontal structure where everyone has a voice and makes a direct and valued contribution to building the best product possible
- International team of open-minded people in a nice office environment with plenty of perks, snacks and drinks
- Opportunity to travel between our offices and meet other teams as well
- Many fun team events, office parties and summer ‘weekend-getaway’ to spend some quality time with your colleagues
- In- and outdoors Moneser’s sports activities
- Flexible working schedule and possibility to work in home office from time to time
- Additional week of vacation
- Stock options and competitive salary
Sounds like something for you?
Please send us your CV and cover letter in English.
We will start reviewing the applications and meeting the candidates immediately, so be quick to apply!