At Monese we believe that access to banking and financial services is a right that everybody should enjoy. We are on a mission to ensure that anyone in the world who needs a bank account can get one. By using bleeding-edge technology via smartphones, we offer services that are easy to access, simple to use and cheap to run for anybody.
The first Monese products already serve over a million people across the European Economic Area, and we have ambitious plans to add more products and improve our existing features.
We’re looking for a talented Content Editor to join our growing Lisbon team.
As part of our Content & Community Team, you’ll be working with our Content & Community Managers – as well as with the wider Marketing & Comms teams – to write, edit and publish compelling content across our owned channels, that fits in perfectly with our brand’s tone of voice.
Please note that, in order to consider your application, we need a portfolio of your relevant work.
- Writing, editing and publishing powerful (English language) editorial content across our channels.
- Participating in creating the editorial plans for content across several platforms (blogs, social profiles or email, to name a few).
- Working with the community and creative teams to craft compelling copy across editorial channels.
- Overseeing the publishing process, including input into content management systems and optimising for search.
- Interviewing, sourcing, digesting, editing and conveying often complex technical information in a simple, easily understandable format that speaks to our brand.
- Constantly brainstorming ideas for editorial content, campaigns and various initiatives from across the company.
- Interacting with all the key stakeholders involved in the process, from developing the brief to managing the feedback and preparing for publishing.
You should apply if
- You have 3+ years of content writing and editing experience across digital mediums, with proof of success in both.
- You’re have proficient understanding of the English language with a proven passion for words and the ability to extract the essence of a story and deliver it in a concise and powerful way.
- You have technical experience with CMS platforms (editing and publishing) and a good understanding of modern search optimisation practices.
- You’re a reliable team member who has great organisational skills, a meticulous attention to detail, and is able to balance multiple assignments while sticking to the agreed timings.
- You’re a creative soul who is always tinkering with a new idea, has excellent writing skills and is able to consistently create engaging and shareable content.
- You’re switched on, tuned into the world and always on the prowl for opportunities to do something great.
- You feel comfortable in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and multi-cultural start-up environment.
- You have experience in working on a multi-national and multi-lingual product or service (preferred but not required).
Benefits of working at Monese
- Ample opportunity to develop your career within Monese as you will be an important part of a fast-growing company.
- A horizontal structure where everyone has a voice and makes a direct and valued contribution to building the best product possible.
- International team of open-minded people in a nice office environment with plenty of perks, snacks and drinks.
- Opportunity to travel between our offices and meet other teams as well.
- Many fun team events, office parties and summer ‘weekend-getaway’ to spend some quality time with your colleagues.
- In- and outdoors Moneser’s sports activities.
- Flexible working schedule and possibility to work from home office from time to time.
- Stock options and competitive salary.
Sounds like something for you?
Please send your CV and cover letter in English.
We will start reviewing the applications and meeting the candidates immediately so be quick to apply!