At Monese we believe that access to banking and financial services is a right that everybody should enjoy. We are on a mission to ensure that anyone in the world who needs a bank account can get one. By using leading edge technology via smartphones, we offer services that are easy to access, simple to use and cheap to run for anybody.
The first Monese product already serves hundreds of thousands of customers in the UK and Europe, and we are adding new services on a regular basis.
Our fast growing team is located in London (UK), Tallinn (Estonia), Lisbon (Portugal) and Berlin (Germany). By working with us, you will be part of a carefully selected team who are great at what they do and share the belief in our mission of making banking available to everybody. We’re not just a start-up with an idea; we have a proven business model that is growing exponentially and generates strong revenues.
About the role
As Monese continues to grow and develop, our award-winning Finance Team plays an ever more important role. The work will only increase, and we are looking for great people to join us on the journey. As Payments Specialist you will be backing our Finance, Customer Support and Anti Money Laundering (AML) teams.
At Monese, we have a wide range of opportunities for you to grow and develop your skills. Our customers move money internationally every day - you will own our knowledge related to those payments. Working closely with our financial team, you will learn how everything works so you can help those who come to you for advice. As our products are developing quickly, you will be learning new things and solving problems. Your ideas and suggestions on how we can improve are always welcome.
If taking on a big part of the responsibility for making Monese the most innovative banking account in the world doesn’t scare you and you want to file patents not follow trends, then read on…
You are going to:
- keep an eye on money transfers and take care of ones which need manual intervention
- answer queries from our internal teams and our customers by email, helpdesk and live chat systems
- liaise with our service partners in various matters related to bank transfers
- move money and deal with payments relating to customers’ funds
We are looking for you if you have following skills and experience:
- Minimum 1 year experience in a finance-related role
- Fluent English skills
- Experience with MS Excel or other spreadsheet software
- High attention to detail, precise and comfortable with numbers
- Ability to work on several tasks at the same time combined with capability to handle routine
- Results oriented and able to communicate at all levels with outstanding interpersonal skills
- Excellent organising and time management skills
- Experience with AML and / or Customer Support preferred, but not required
Benefits of working at Monese:
- Ample opportunity to develop your career within Monese as you will be an important part of a fast-growing company
- A horizontal structure where everyone has a voice and makes a direct and valued contribution to building the best product possible
- International team of open-minded people in a nice office environment with plenty of perks, snacks and drinks
- Opportunity to travel between our offices and meet other teams as well
- Many fun team events, office parties and summer ‘weekend-getaway’ to spend some quality time with your colleagues
- In- and outdoors Moneser’s sports activities
- Flexible working schedule and possibility to work in home office from time to time
- Additional week of vacation
- Share options and competitive salary
Sounds like something for you?
Please send your CV and cover letter in English.
We will start reviewing the applications and meeting the candidates immediately so be quick to apply!