At Monese we believe that access to banking and financial services is a right that everybody should enjoy. We are on a mission to ensure that anyone in the world who needs a bank account can get one. By using leading edge technology via smartphones, we offer services that are easy to access, simple to use and cheap to run for anybody.
The first Monese product already serves hundreds of thousands of customers in the UK and Europe, and we are adding new services on a regular basis.
Our fast-growing team is located in London; UK, Tallinn; Estonia, Lisbon; Portugal and soon Germany. By working with us, you will be part of a carefully selected team who are great at what they do and share the belief in our mission of making banking available to everybody. We’re not just a start-up with an idea; we have a proven business model that is growing exponentially and generates strong revenues.
About the role
We are looking for an Accounting Manager to support our management accounting, payroll, tax and statutory reporting functions as part of our global finance team. You will be responsible for assisting in maintaining the financial health and reporting integrity of the business thereby ensuring the provision of the best quality and most current information possible, from which the management team make business decisions.
As Accountant you will work with the Global Finance Assistant in parallel with a second Accounting Manager and report to the Financial Controller as part of the international Accounting Team for Monese, under the VP of Finance.
You will be primarily responsible for the UK and German reporting entities, but you will also provide cover, where needed, relating to the Estonian and Portuguese entities. Alongside other ad-hoc tasks and new responsibilities that will be crucial to your development in the role as the business expands, your day-to-day tasks will comprise the following:
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts using NetSuite, for review by the Financial Controller, by completing month-close activities:
- Review of AP ledger, including reconciliation to GL
- Calculation and posting of management accounts journals, including payroll, accruals, prepayments, treasury, depreciation and all other regular cut-off adjustments.
- Processing FX adjustments and revaluations
- Providing analytical review and commentary.
- Comprehension of local payroll taxes, benefit taxes, travel and expense reimbursement regulations in conjunction with local advisors (where used).
- Preparation of payroll information for review by Financial Controller and onward submission to outsourced providers.
- Preparation of VAT returns for review by Financial Controller and onward submission to the relevant authorities.
- Assisting in the finance software data migration to NetSuite and subsequent training and implementation to the wider business.
- Supporting the Financial Controller with ad-hoc reporting and audit and due-diligence procedures.
- Providing support to the Global Finance Assistant, by way of assistance and review with respect to:
- Accounts Payables management
- Coding and entering invoices and expenses
- Preparation of payments for approval
- Collation of payroll information
- Assist the Financial Controller in setting policies and procedures in place for UK and Germany considering company-wide policies and local peculiarities
- Significant involvement in projects and improvement initiatives and assisting the Financial Controller in driving efficiency, development, control and accuracy within the team and finance functions.
- Contribute towards the positive internal profile of Finance and promote the importance of good control environment and the value of the department to individuals, departments and the business as a whole.
We want to hear from you, if you:
- Are ACA, CIMA or ACCA qualified
- Up to 2+ years of relevant post-qualification experience.
- Highly proficient in both spoken and written English.
- Good Excel skills.
- Comfortable making connections and communicating across all parts of the business and with external suppliers, 3rd party advisors and auditors.
- Willingness to travel from time-to-time to locations of our other current and future foreign activities.
What we consider a plus:
- Have worked in multinational company before.
- Familiar with month-end close, VAT reporting and payroll processes.
- Experience with NetSuite.
- Familiar with issues around accounting, payroll and reporting in countries other than the UK; in particular Germany.
- German speaker (although, not essential!)
Benefits of working at Monese:
- Ample opportunity to develop your career within Monese as you will be an important part of a fast-growing company.
- A horizontal structure where everyone has a voice and makes a direct and valued contribution to building the best product possible.
- International team of open-minded people in a nice office environment with plenty of perks, snacks and drinks.
- Opportunity to travel between our offices and meet other teams as well.
- Many fun team events, office parties
- Flexible working schedule and possibility to work remotely.
- Stock options and competitive salary.
Sounds like something for you?
Then please send us your CV and cover letter. And be quick to apply, as we will start reviewing the applications and meeting the candidates immediately.